Harbord Diggers RSL Sub Branch Eligibility & Member Benefits
You can apply to become a member of the League if you Served in any Australian Defence Force(ADF) in either of the two World Wars or in any theatre of conflict; or
Served overseas for not less than six months as a member of an approved peace-keeping force; or
Served for not less than six months in the regular or reserve forces of the ADF, or of any country not an enemy of Australia (shorter service can also qualify if discharge was honourable and for reasons beyond an individual's control); or
If you are an Australian or allied citizen and served with or in support of the ADF or allied forces in any theatre or conflict; or
Served during World War II, as a member of the Australian Women's Land Army or as a voluntary aid detachment in a military or convalscent hospital.
You can apply for Affiliate Membership if you are a relative of a person (living or deceased) who is or was eligible to be a Service or Life Member of the League (proof of eligibility is to be provided) with Copy to Anzac House. OR:-
1. The applicant has been awarded the League’s Certificate of Merit.
2. The applicant has received a National or State Certificate of Appreciation for giving valuable service to the League.
3. The applicant is a Cadet/or Officer of Cadets.
4. The applicant is a person deemed by the Sub Branch Committee to have provided significant service to the Sub-Branch and supports the Objectives of the League.
Each member receives a bi monthly issue of Reveille the official magazine of the New South Wales Branch.
When you join the RSL you become a member of the largest ex service organisation in Australia, representative of both serving and ex serving members of the Defence Force.
The RSL New South Wales Branch owns and operates the Hyde Park Inn located in the heart of Sydney overlooking the Hyde Park War Memorial. Your membership gives you generous discounts on accommodation.
You will share that unique camaraderie only experienced by those who have served in the defence of their country.
As a member of the Harbord Diggers Club and the RSL Sub Branch and you will receive special offers and benefits including:
• Membership to the leading group of clubs in Australia.
• Discounted meals and beverages
• Access to the Harbord Diggers loyalty program, Club Rewards
• An annual Birthday reward
• Exclusive entry into member promotions
• Receive 10% off purchases at Diggers Local Providores
• Discounted rates on accommodation at Mounties Group Holiday Resorts.
To join, please download and complete the relevant form and bring it into the Club, together with your original Service Records (if applying for full membership).
For Full membership download application form
For Affiliate membership download application form
NB - Sub-Branch applications take some time to process, as all documentation has to be sent into RSL Headquarters for verification, prior to membership being confirmed